Friday 17 November 2017

Just a Quick One

It's been 12 days now since my last bet and especially since opening up last weekend about the extent of my problems I've been feeling really positive. I've received a lot of positive and supportive comments from strangers where I've been posting my links and hearing stories from others who have conquered there demons which has been really awesome.

I think compulsive gamblers need a lot of support to help them get through their problems and I've found it particularly inspirational to hear from those who have managed to turn their lives around.

However these last few days I've been feeling that itch again. I fully expected to get that feeling sometimes still and I have managed to resist the urge but I wonder, how long does it take before you stop getting those temptations? I have read others say they stopped gambling and then were able to go back and bet responsibly again, but I don' think that will ever be me.


4 comments:

  1. You will never be able to gamble responsibly, gambling addiction is a physical result of the neural pathways in your brain. I have read your post regarding when your addiction started and wondering if you hadn't won your first bet. I often wonder regarding my own experience with me it was fruit machines I won the £10 jackpot in my place of work I only gambled as I arrived too early for the evening shift. Truth is I was predestined to be this way if it hadn't at this time it would have happened later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mate, thanks for taking the time to respond.

      I think you're definitely right. I probably haven't done enough to research how gambling addiction actually works on a physiological level but what I can say is that I definitely feel different in my mind than when I did before gambling became a real issue for me. I have often thought that winning your first bet is one of the worst things that can happen to you.

      I have heard before about gambling addicts brains being wired differently to other people's. It's interesting to consider its an actual disease of the mind, but the only problem I have with that is I want to try an take accountability for my own issues. Not that I am reading the experts are wrong haha.

      Delete
    2. The problem is that without gambling in your life everything else can feel sterile and boring. Hopefully I am unique in this and it doesn't affect you but a good reference would be Mark Renton in Trainspotting listen to his monologue after he has overdosed and came off heroin for the penultimate time.

      Delete
    3. Don't think that's unique at all, I think with all things that stimulate your brain that much, be it drugs or gambling or whatever, have an effect on your ability to enjoy things as you become so used to getting that buzz

      Delete

Youtube Affiliation? A Chipmonkz Case Study.

So it seems the doomsday of Youtube slots channels may be upon us. Out of all the big popular channels there are but a handful left. Some ...